What a year for the Blakely family! We have some exciting news. . . I am pregnant with baby #2 and am due May 11, 2010! We just found out we are having another little GIRL! We are truly blessed! Jayme and I continue to enjoy being Emma's mommy and daddy. She is a constant source of joy in our lives. It has been incredible to watch her grow and develop into such a carefree toddler. She is an active little girl who loves to run and jump and dance! She insists I turn on the music the moment she gets up each morning, by yelling out, "dance mommy, dance!" Emma is particularly into her "babies" and carries them all around the house, putting them to bed, feeding them, carrying them, pushing them in their stroller, and even placing them on her potty:). We have tried to explain that mommy has a baby in her belly but she doesn't quite get it. She tries to lift up my shirt in hopes of finding a baby only to be disappointed and confused! We do know she is going to be an amazing big sister:).
Emma and I had the special privilege of taking a 2 1/2 week trip to South Africa this summer to be a part of my brother's wedding and see what his and Thandi's life will be like as missionaries in Muisenburg. It was a scary venture to take a 20-month old without her daddy across the world for 2 1/2 weeks but we more than survived! Emma did incredible as a world traveler and my parents were a great help. We were able to see so many parts of South Africa and got a true taste of the Zulu culture by being welcomed into Thandi's family in Johannesburg. We participated in many South African cultural traditions throughout our visit and were able to see the incredible wildlife of the South African region. Jayme was able to meet up with us on the Eastcoast to visit family in Ocean City, MD and enjoy a relaxing vacation.
I am still teaching part time at Gateway Middle School, but this year I teach every day for half the day. It has been really nice to have my own classes for the year but it has been a struggle to get up early and get Emma ready for daycare every day. I miss my relaxing mornings with her but I am so thankful for my job and for the wonderful care she is getting at Cedar Park Christian School.
Jayme is still with Aerotek and is looking forward to a big 2010! His interest in wine has grown and he has become quite the expert. We took our first wine tasting trip this summer to Willamette Valley and hope to take many more in the future.
We are looking forward to a wonderful holiday season, spending quality time with our friends and family. We wish you all the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment