Monday, July 21, 2008

K's 28th Surprise Birthday

I had the most incredible birthday this year! Nana and Grandpa came from Florida to visit the Westcoast Blakely crew and meet their great granddaughter, Emma, for the first time. Courtney surprised everyone by driving all the way from Missoula, Montana to hang out with the family. The day started off with a family breakfast with homemade waffles, compliments of Jayme, I then opened a few lovely birthday gifts which is always funJ After a few festivities, the whole clan headed down to Seattle to experience the infamous Duck Tours of Seattle. Everyone had a blast! The tour guide was wacky but fun and we were able to see all parts of Seattle, including a peaceful sail in Lake Union. After our tour fun, we went to a restaurant near the Space Needle for lunch. Nana and Grandpa really had their hearts set on exploring Pikes Place, so we spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying all that the market had to offer.

Jayme had set up a babysitter for the evening for Emma and Hayden so we could all go out to a nice restaurant and enjoy dinner. . . or so I thought! Long story short, Jayme pulled off a flawlessly planned surprise party for me at my best friend, Kirsten’s, house in Seattle with many of my friends and family. I was so caught off guard, I didn’t even know how to react when everyone yelled, “surprise!” To say the least, it was the best birthday I can remember having. Thanks to everyone who helped make that day so special!

 

 

No comments: