Sunday, April 26, 2009

My 29th Birthday Surprise Weekend

I had a wonderful 29th birthday. Jayme planned an amazing surprise weekend in Seattle that involved staying at the Westin and going to my first Sounders game! Emma had a blast with Grandma Nay Nay (Terry) and Grammy, Grandad, and Uncle Bryan.

I received some nice cards and a homemade soccer cake from my students on the Friday before my birthday which was so thoughtful.

This is what was lying on the bed when we entered our hotel room at the Westin. A jersey and scarf for each of us--so cool!

Jayme packed a nice inside picnic spread with crackers, cheese, grapes, wine and cupcakes. He really knows how to pull out all the stops!

Our view of Seattle from the room.
Hanging out at Pikes Place on our way to the game.

The Sounders band leading all the fans in rally chants near Pioneer Square.

The march to the stadium with the band leading the way. . .

The band was really good and so much fun !

Soccer fans are nuts but bring so much energy and excitement.

J and I had front row seats at the game and it was a blast!

After a great weekend getaway, I went to Bellingham to pick up Emma from the grandparents and we went out on a family dinner.
Emma loving the great outdoors with her Uncle Bryan and Mommy.

No comments: